The 2nd Annual WOD-A-Thon is almost here! We are expecting a great turnout of participants again this year, and we have received interest from CFSF members, members of other affiliates, as well as folks who have never done CrossFit before. Whichever category you fall into, we wanted to give everyone a few tips in order to prepare for Friday. We will be doing one workout (WOD) every hour for 24 hours. We are asking for a donation of $10 per workout, or $50 if you plan on completing all 24. If you are not a CFSF member, you must fill out a paper liability waiver prior to participating in any workouts.
- Please note that no one is required to do these workouts as prescribed. The list below has been made as concise as possible, and all workouts having modification options for those foreign to all of this. We will also demo all movements prior to workouts for anyone who needs it.
- This is obviously a lot of workouts, so be smart! Anyone thinking of completing the 24-hour challenge should have a good base of CrossFit experience (6-12 months minimum).
- As the night goes on, we will catch (some) sleep in between workouts. Air mattresses, blankets, pillows, etc. are recommended.
- Food will not be provided! Even if you only plan on doing a few hours of workouts, you must consume some calories between workouts as you go. We recommend eating solid food every 3-4 hours (small meals), as well as sipping some form of carbohydrate/protein source every hour. Diluted Gatorade, energy packets, whey protein, and BCAA mixes all work well. Products such as Accelerade, Endurox, and others have all of this pre-mixed. The off times where you eat solid food would take the place of your drink.
- Have fun! This is not a competition, so remember the reason we are here. Enjoy some workouts with friends, make some new ones, and give what you are able to help out Ethan’s Family.
8:30am With a Partner (35 min time cap): Run/row 400m, 120 Double Unders (jump rope), Run/row 400m, 100 Squats, Run/row 400m, 80 Situps, Run/row 400m, 60 Pullups, Run/row 400m, 40 Clean & Jerks (95/65#), Run/row 400m, 20 HSPU, Run/row 400m.
9:30am 5 Rounds: 10 Hollow Rocks, 10 V-ups, 10 Knee Tucks, 10-sec Handstand Hold -rest 1 min b/w rounds-.
10:30am 10 min EMOM, (Odd Minutes): 15/12 Calorie Row, (Even Minutes): 15 burpees.
11:30am 20 minutes to find a 1RM Snatch and 1RM Clean & Jerk -or- 500m Row, 40 Squats, 30 Situps, 20 Pushups, 10 Pullups
12:30pm 40 Box jumps, 40 Pullups, 40 KB Swings, 40 Lunges, 40 KB Push Press, 40 Wallballs, 40 Burpees, 40 Situps.
1:30pm Partner 3k Row
2:30pm 10 min EMOM, (Odd Minutes): 200m Run, (Even Minutes): 17 Wallballs
3:30pm 50-40-30-20-10: Double Unders, Situps
4:30pm 3 Rounds, 5 reps each movement then switch arms: 1-arm DB Deadlift, DB High pull, DB Snatch, DB Thruster.
5:30pm With a Partner: Row 2k, 150 Double Unders, 125 Wallballs, 100 Russian KB Swings, 75 Pullups, 50 Ball Slams.
6:30pm 7 min AMRAP: 10 OHS (95/65#), 10 lateral jumps over bar.
7:30pm With a Partner: Row 1000m, 50 KB Swings, 40 Burpees, 30 Toes-to-bar, 20 Pullups, 10 DB Man-makers, 20 Pullups, back up…
8:30pm 100 Situps.
9:30pm 50 Thrusters (95/65#).
10:30pm 50/40 Calorie Assault Bike.
11:30pm 100 KB Swings (55/35#) (6 min time cap).
12:30am 50 Box Jump-overs (24/20″).
1:30am 50 Burpees.
2:30am 200 Double Unders (5 min time cap).
3:30am 100 Walking Lunges.
4:30am 21-15-9: Toes-to-bar, Pushups
5:30am 4 Rounds: 2 Rope Climbs, Run 2 laps.
6:30am 10 min EMOM (Odd Minutes): 15/12 cal AB, (Even Minutes): 15 KB Swings (55/35#).
7:30am 6 min AMRAP: 7 Wallballs (20/14#), Box Jump-overs (24/20″).
8:30am Partner “Murph” (Rowing)